The SlimPack is a prepacked screen providing sand control when conventional gravel packing is not feasible or economical. The filter media pack comes in several thicknesses and is created with the highest quality re-sieved, coated or non-coated gravel, compacted with a unique vibrating system to secure a consistent pack.
Prepacked screens are commonly used in cased or open-hole water wells and is an economical solution for gravel packing reducing rig-time, service- and pumping costs.
Uniform compacted and bonded
The filter media pack comes in several thicknesses and is created with the highest quality re-sieved, coated and non-coated gravel, compacted with a unique vibrating system and heat treated to secure a consistent bond. Un-like conventional prepacked screens the thermal curing process is temperature controlled and monitored over time in a special furnace. The result is uniform compacted and bonded prepacked screen free of any voids.
The SlimPack Screen design ensures:
- Complete gravel packing around the screen in horizontal wells.
- Bonded uniform gravel pack without bridges or voids.
- Reduced OD maximizes base pipe size.
- Smaller borehole compared to gravel packing
- Economical alternative to cased-hole gravel packs.
- Closer contact with the aquifer improving development and efficiency
The design is customized to your demands.
- Appropriate gravel sizes
- Thicker packs up to 5/8” if extra sand retention properties are needed
- All API and ANSI pipe sizes are available
- Customized construction:
- Lower V-wires for reduced OD
- Protection by an outer shroud possible
- Customized material grades 304/316L/904/Duplex/Alloy 825/625/C276
- Customized end-fittings and threaded connections
- Fixation of screen by welding or shrink fitting of end-rings to the base-pipe