The HP Well Screen SolidWrap Screens are the strongest wire wrapped screens in the industry. These direct wrapped-on-pipe screens are customized to meet the most demanding conditions.
Direct wrapped on screen
A high flow or heavy duty wedge wire is directly wrapped on to the base pipe. The innovative welding technology shrink fits the screen to the pipe with superior weld strength and accurate slot openings. The accurate V-shaped wires provide free flow and optimal sand control.
A large number of support rods creates a tighter grip between screen and pipe, increasing tensile strength and achieves rounder and stronger screens. The result is Solid screen for sand control in the most demanding vertical and horizontal wells with gravel pack or stand alone completions.
The SolidWrap Screen design provides:
- External forces directly transferred on to base pipe
- Tensile, load, collapse data equivalent to casing
- Rotating ability during installation.
- Very accurate slot opening.
- Uncomplicated installation.
- Easy application of inflow control devices
The design is customized to your demands.
- Slot opening from 50 micron up to 2000 micron
- All API and ANSI pipe sizes are available
- Customized construction:
- Lower V-wires for reduced OD
- Higher support rods for more standoff
- Heavy duty wires for erosion resistance
- High flow wires for low pressure drop.
- Customized material grades 304/316L/904/Duplex/Alloy 825/625/C276 etc.
- Customized end-fittings and threaded connections
- Fixation of screen by welding or shrink fitting of end-rings to the base-pipe