HP Well Screen’s PoroBond Screens are the strongest metal mesh premium screens in the industry. These screens are customized to your specifications for maximum reliability and plugging resistance suitable for the most severe conditions.
The PoroBond is a diffusion bonded multi layer screen protected from a robust outer shroud. Its individual weave and mesh layers are metallurgical bonded together from a special sintering technique.
It enables a diffusion of all wires in contact with one another preserving the geometrical structure of the individual layers. The result is a stable porous screen ensuring pore-size, pore distribution, porosity and permeability even at maximum pressure.
The PoroBond Screen design provides:
- A longer well life
- Secure pore sizes (confirmed by glass beadtest)
- Increased productions rates
- Superior Strength
- High corrosion and erosion resistance
- Reliable Sand control
The excellent solution for reliable sand control in various completions: Horizontals, Multi laterals, Short-radius, High pressure temperature, High rate gavel pack, Frac pack, Through tubing, etc.
Diffusion of all layers
Unlike other premium screens the PoroBond screen manufacturing process enables diffusion of all layers including the drainage layer.
The multi layer design consists of:
- Protection layer – against physical influences
- Filter layer – selected according pore size
- Protection layer – against deformation under high pressure
- Support layer – creating a stable structure
- Drainage layer – improves flow capacity