The SlimPack is a pre-packed screen providing sand control when conventional gravel packing is not feasible or economical. They are commonly used gas wells and gas storages and in cased or open-hole horizontal wells and also at the top of high pressure gravel pack completions. The SlimPack screen is designed for reduced OD/ID ratio running operations.
Horizontal gravel pack
Prepacked screens are commonly used in cased or open-hole horizontal wells and also at the top of high pressure gravel pack completions.
The SlimPack screen is designed for reduced OD/ID ratio running operations.
Uniform compacted and bonded
The minimum 0,12” thin filter media pack is created with the highest quality re-sieved, resin coated gravel, compacted with a unique vibrating system and heat treated to secure a consistent bond. Un-like conventional prepacked screens the thermal curing process is temperature controlled and monitored over time in a special furnace. The result is uniform compacted and bonded prepacked screen free of any voids.
The SlimPack Screen design ensures:
- Complete gravel packing around the screen in horizontal wells.
- Bonded uniform gravel pack without bridges or voids.
- Reduced OD maximizes base pipe size.
- Smaller borehole compared to gravel packing
- Economical alternative to cased-hole gravel packs.
- Closer contact with the aquifer improving development and efficiency
The design is customized to your demands.
- Appropriate gravel sizes
- Thicker packs up to 5/8” if extra sand retention properties are needed
- All API and ANSI pipe sizes are available
- Customized construction:
- Lower V-wires for reduced OD
- Protection by an outer shroud possible
- Customized material grades 304/316L/904/Duplex/Alloy 825/625/C276
- Customized end-fittings and threaded connections
- Fixation of screen by welding or shrink fitting of end-rings to the base-pipe